If you are using RWO GmbH oily water separators, you may be wondering why the second stage activated carbon cartridges look different from the ones you used to order. In this blog post, we will explain the reason behind this design change and how it affects your equipment. The design change applies to all models of RWO oily water separator SKIT S DEB and OWS-COM, of all sizes.
The OWS adsorber cartridges are essential for removing oil and other contaminants from the water that passes through the oily water separators. The manufacturer decided to upgrade the design of the OWS adsorber cartridges to enhance the quality and performance of the oily water separators. The new design OWS adsorber cartridges have some advantages over the old ones, such as:
- They come with free sealing plugs with O-ring and head plates, which improve the sealing and prevent leakage.
- They do not require cover fittings or connection fittings, which simplify the installation and reduce the maintenance costs. (Connection fittings are used in RWO GmbH's Oily Water Separators size 5.0 and above)
- They have a slightly different installation procedure, which is easy to follow and ensures optimal operation. (Installation drawing will be provided with purchase of this genuine part)
The best part is that the price for this new design part remains the same as of 2023, despite the addition of free parts. That means you can enjoy the benefits of the new design without paying extra.
The old design OWS adsorber cartridges will be gradually phased out, but they are still compatible with your equipment if you have them in stock. You can use them until they need to be replaced.
We hope this blog post has answered your questions about the design change of the OWS adsorber cartridges. If you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. We are always happy to assist you with your oily water separator needs.
N&P Maritime is an authorized Singapore based service partner for RWO GmbH since 2016. We are one of their 40 global service stations. Our services include:
- Authorized Deckma OCM(OMD) calibration
- RWO equipment health check
N&P Maritime has an extensive inventory for RWO/Deckma consumable spare parts such as coalescer filter, absorber polisher, zinc anodes, gauges, desiccators and more, in our warehouse.
We are able to provide same day delivery and there is no minimum order requirement.
*RWO GmbH has been supplying future-proof made in Germany solutions for marine water treatment for over 45 years. Their product portfolio includes equipment for the treatment of drinking and process water as well as systems for pollution prevention such as oily water separators or sewage treatment plants. RWO is a technological leader in the field of oil/water-separation with over 16,000 units delivered worldwide. More than 40 global sales and service stations.